ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Food & Beverage Assistant Kitchen Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, to include:
- Check preparation, portion sizes, and various food products delivered by vendors to ensure compliance with department standards.
- Assist with all ordering, receiving, storage and inventory of products utilized in the department.
- Maintain par levels for all products.
- Monitor food and labor cost during assigned shifts.
- Adjust work schedules for all back of house team members due to call outs, etc.
- Assists in training, development and evaluation of kitchen personnel.
- Manage team member performance on an on an ongoing basis, and facilitate recognition and disciplinary action whenever necessary, in collaboration with the Kitchen Manager and Human Resources.
- Adhere to all Health Department regulations and policies, and continually monitor kitchen operations to ensure that cleanliness, sanitation and safety standards are met. Provide training to employees as required or necessary.
- Assist with cooking and preparation as needed to meet the needs of our guests and business flow.
- Adhere to all Human Resources and Hustler Casino company policies.
- Other Duties as assigned by Management
- 2-4 years cooking experience in a hotel or restaurant environment with minimum 1 year in a kitchen management position. Casino experience preferred.
- Experience managing a kitchen staff.
- Thorough knowledge of food products to follow recipes and training materials, i.e., recipes cards, descriptions and pictures
- Must be Serve Safe certified.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, for preparation of effective reporting and communication.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to meet the physical requirement of the job, which include: lifting up to 50 pounds, stand, walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, grasping, squatting, and reaching above
- A High School Diploma required, or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ServeSafe – Kitchen Sanitation Certification required
- Must be able to obtain & maintain Gardena PD work permit
- The ability to be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Able to regularly perform maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions (i.e. cutting; peeling, etc...)
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud
- Work is generally performed within a kitchen
- Must be at least 21 years old
HUSTLER CASINO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.