Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady is a luxurious, classic and fantastic casino that is open twenty-four hours every day of the year, and specializes in card games, classic games like Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker and more. Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady features poker tables, and California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Three Card Poker, and more. This is out-of-town excitement without the expense of leaving the city. Located just 15 minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles and Staples Center, in the celebrated city of Gardena.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cocktail Server is responsible for providing fast and courteous beverage service to casino guests ensuring quality presentation per established standards.
- Provide quality and courteous beverage service to Casino players and guests.
- Take beverage orders, and collect payment from Casino players and guests.
- Assure that all orders are taken correctly and efficiently.
- Be completely familiar with drink recipes and all liquor brands, beers, and mix drinks.
- Knowledge and expertise utilizing automated liquor dispensing system.
- Develop expertise in the use of the computer terminal system.
- Make frequent rounds throughout the Casino offering cocktail service.
- Clearly communicate "last call" at the designated closing time.
- Remove empty bar glasses and bottles from tables and service trays.
- Be watchful for persons who appear to be under the legal drinking age limit.
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar and in the bar service station.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Be alert to recognize when a guest may have had enough to drink.
- Experience and knowledge working with POS systems with Micros preferred.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Shift Manager.
- Three to six month’s related experience and/or training; previous experience in a hospitality/ casino environment preferred.
- Must maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to casino appearance standards.
- Position requires shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food Handlers Certification
- TAM card
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs. without restrictions.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to constantly reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.