Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady is a luxurious, classic and fantastic casino that is open twenty-four hours every day of the year, and specializes in card games, classic games like Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker and more. Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady features poker tables, and California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Three Card Poker, and more. This is out-of-town excitement without the expense of leaving the city. Located just 15 minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles and Staples Center, in the celebrated city of Gardena.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety and protection of the casino guests, employees and company assets. The Security Officer is responsible for anticipating potential problems and seeking ways to prevent disruption, injuries, and prohibited conduct from occurring on company premises. In addition, the Security Officer is responsible for responding to emergency situations as requested and takes appropriate steps to rectify problems and at the same time minimize casino liability.
- Patrol and observe all areas to ensure guest and Team Member safety.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and posture at all times.
- Acknowledge and greet players and guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Provide security escort services to guests and employees as required.
- Patrol and observe the casino and outdoor areas of the property for any unusual or suspicious activity that may occur.
- Respond to disturbances as well as observe, report, document, and take action as directed. Respond to emergencies.
- Be alert for any person who may appear to be under the age of 21 years old entering the Casino.
- Adhere to all state and Casino Security Officer requirements, policies and procedures.
- Report unsafe conditions to the appropriate authority.
- Assist Law Enforcement and emergency personnel as needed.
- "Pull" and/or empty boxes from gaming tables and transport to the Count Room.
- Secure the Cashier's Cage, gaming tables, and all chips as needed in the event of an emergency.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned by the Director of Security.
- Must have a minimum of (1) year of previous security experience; casino experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to casino appearance standards.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid California Guard Card
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 75 lbs. without restrictions.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to constantly reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.