Lucky Lady is a luxurious, classic and fantastic casino that is open twenty-four hours every day of the year, and specializes in card games, classic games like Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker and more. Lucky Lady features poker tables, and California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Three Card Poker, and more. This is out-of-town excitement without the expense of leaving the city. Located just 15 minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles and Staples Center, in the celebrated city of Gardena.
Larry Flynt's Lucky Lady is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for our Accounting Department. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the overseeing of the accounts payable record keeping
- Assist in the auditing of the detailed monthly expenditures reports for each department
- Prepare monthly, quarterly reports to management or related party
- Reconcile all previous balances
- Enter invoices into accounting system
- Print weekly Aged Open Invoice Report for payment selection
- Generate weekly check run
- Reconcile bank accounts, cash accounts, listing and checking details necessary to prepare reports
- Prepare journal entries, posting the entries to specified accounts, etc.
- Match payments to accounts receivable
- Prepare bank deposits
- Check items on invoices and purchase orders
- Answer vendor inquiries and investigates complaints regarding possible errors in the assigned areas
- Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager
- Reconcile all vendor statements
- 1099/W9 maintenance and year-end processing
- Special projects as time allows
- Minimum 1 to 2 years accounting experience in Accounts Payable, Receivable, or General Accounting
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent field
- Strong experience in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Microsoft Excel (proficient)
- Microsoft Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Gardena Police Department/City issued Casino Work Permit.
Adult content environment