Larry Flynt's vision for a premiere romance boutique began in 1998 when the flagship store was built in Hollywood on the renowned Sunset Strip. Since then, HUSTLER Hollywood has expanded to 22 locations nationwide including both urban and interstate models. The store's tasteful, bright and upscale design provides customers with a wide variety of merchandise from which to choose. We provide our customer with a fun shopping experience, where they can purchase women's and men's apparel, jewelry, lingerie, candle and home products, as well as adult entertainment and an upscale selection of novelties. HUSTLER Hollywood is changing the face of romantic behavior worldwide.
We are currently seeking a well-rounded Staff Accountant to join our HUSTLER Hollywood retail accounting team! The Staff Accountant will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly reporting activities, including the downloading of large volumes of data and preparation of related analyses.
- Assist in the monthly close process.
- Monitor all inventory transactions in the general ledger.
- Prepare journal entries, allocations, and accruals.
- Perform monthly accounting and analysis over various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconcile various bank accounts for a portfolio of entities (retail stores).
- Prepare Daily Cash Spreadsheet showing actual cash activity.
- Assist in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory.
- Reconcile physical inventory counts to the general ledger and book necessary adjustments.
- Analyze inventory quantity and cost variances and resolve differences.
- Work with accounting team on various ad hoc requests.
- 2-5 years accounting experience.
- Wholesale/retail industry experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Inventory accounting experience desired.
- Must understand FIFO inventory method.
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrate a professional business manner, high energy, enthusiasm, and be goal oriented.
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of complex functions/data analysis using tools such as V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing computer)
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment