LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a Conforming Editor at our broadcasting headquarters in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate non-linear editing system (FCP).
- Operate DV Decks.
- Operate Waveform/Vectorscope and Broadcast Monitor equipment.
- Update internal movie database. Use the Movies! Database to determine workflow and priority.
- Edit master movies to conform to time, content and format standards.
- Ensure that all media meets video, audio and content standards.
- Fill-in for other Editors’ shifts as necessary.
- Establish priorities and meet defined deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, in a clear and concise manner.
- Follow procedures and suggest positive changes to procedures.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Take on added responsibility.
- Accountable, dependable & detail oriented.
- Knowledge of video editing systems (FCP) and methods.
- Basic video editing experience preferred.
- Non-linear editing systems required.
- DV Decks, Broadcast test equipment (Waveform/Vectorscope)
- Windows and Macintosh operating systems required.
- Database systems preferred.
- DV, DV Cam and Mini DV Tapes
- Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope.
- Broadcast Video Monitor
- Movies! Database system.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Video production and/or video editing, Broadcast and/or Journalism.
- Degree or certification in television production and/or video editing preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 25 lbs. without restrictions.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer for extended periods.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Maintain stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
- 24 hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Adult content environment.