LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a Content Operations Coordinator at our broadcasting headquarters in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
HOURS: 8am-4:30pm, M-F
Digitally & physically manage the Production Department’s media library of acquired content. Responsible for input and export of media for customers in specified formats. Able to track, locate, and deliver content to ensure timely arrival as needed by our customers. Archival and restoration of required content. Tracking and driving assets through entire workflow of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly completing media requests for all internal and external customers.
- Delivering content for Broadcast Operations, Engineering, and Multi-Platform Delivery Department so that it can be aired or delivered on schedule.
- Preparing and managing content for use by the Production Department.
- Dubbing and/or transcoding media as requested for internal and external customers.
- Managing the processing and archiving of documents and media, as necessary for compliance with Title 18 Sect. 2257 of the US Code and as directed by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the workspace, physical and digital content libraries.
- Serve as the primary contact with the Programming Department on arrival, storage and delivery of screener movies on DVDs.
- Serve as the primary contact of the Conforming Department regarding the preparation, export, delivery, restore and archival of edited content including other routine procedures.
- Serve as the primary contact of the Multi-Platform Delivery Department for content delivery, by means of encoding, transcoding and performing technical quality control of scheduled content and special projects, as needed.
- Handle all content related shipping and receiving, including VOD customers.
- Track VOD, Broadcast schedules, deadlines, and coordinate media movement between departments to accommodate needs.
- DVD Authoring.
- Technical QC on all department deliverables both digital and analog, as well as Final Cut timelines prior to export.
- Support special projects by identifying and finding necessary media.
- Researching Media/Assets in the Movies Database to assist other departments with delivery.
- Excellent organizational, communications, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Previous broadcast, video, media library, and/or administrative experience (2-3 years).
- Knowledge of file formats, aspect ratios, codec’s, non-linear editing systems, media signal routing, waveform/vector scopes, VU/Peak Audio meters for Broadcast Standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and management, as well as communicate the company’s administrative policies and procedures for conforming personnel.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED DIRECTLY:
- Beta/DigiBeta, DVCam/MiniDV, HDV, VHS and DVD, HDCAM decks (NTSC and PAL)
- SDI routers, Tektronix (analogue and digital) scopes, broadcast monitors, LTO-3/5/6 tape machine. DBX audio compressors and limiters, Distribution amplifiers, Closed Captioning and video overlay devices, external Hard Drive Disks with various busses
- FCP Studio editing systems, Movies database, Microsoft Office.
- Two year Technical or Communications degree or equivalent experience.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of the broadcasting industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive team-working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 20 lbs. without restrictions.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer for extended periods.
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneel, and carry items.
- Ability to use and climb step stool.
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Requires ability to reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in small or enclosed spaces.
- Maintain stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with visitors, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Lifting, twisting and turning carrying items may be required.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is largely performed in an office environment, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to tolerate indoor temperatures of approximately 60- 65 degrees for periods of time.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
- 24 hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Adult content environment.
As part of LFP Broadcasting’s standard employment process, candidate’s employment is contingent on a clear background check. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and may include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
LFP Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.