LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a Video Transcoding Engineer at the broadcasting headquarters located in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
HOURS: 8am-5pm, M-F
FLSA Status: Fulltime, Exempt
The creation and maintenance of transcoding equipment and workflows which produce video product for our internal and external customers. Responsible for managing or modifying the automation, analysis, packaging and delivery systems. Work closely with various internal departments to refine interdepartmental workflows and may work with customers directly as a technical contact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee implementation of new video products accurately and timely.
- Create and modify file-based transcoding profiles and workflows using Telestream Vantage and/or Harmonic WFS.
- Create workflows using our in-house scheduling and automation software.
- Modify existing products or procedures to meet changing demands.
- Work with internal team members to create and implement new automation and workflows that are beneficial (speed, accuracy, quality, etc.) to the final product.
- Assist internal team members with manual creation of assets when the automated processes are not functioning correctly. Follow-up by repairing the automated processes appropriately to avoid the manual creation in the future.
- Train any internal employees on the use of new transcoding, analyzing, packaging, or other relevant features within the workflows.
- Serve as the primary contact for maintenance and operation of the transcoding, analysis, packaging, and automation.
- Perform QC or digital analysis of media assets as needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of digital media storage locations.
- Verify accuracy of departmental SOPs and identify documents that require updating.
- Attend meetings and conference calls as required.
- Be part of a weekly rotating on-call schedule.
- Extensive knowledge of video structure, codecs and video file containers.
- Experience with file-based video transcoding in a professional production environment. Harmonic WFS/Carbon Coder and/or Telestream Vantage experience is a plus.
- Experience as a technical contact or touchpoint.
- Previous experience communicating with internal customers, in both written and verbal formats.
- Experience creating and maintaining procedural documentation.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skill-set.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work directly with a wide variety of adult content standards, including gay content.
- Ability to work in a team and independently when required.
- Materials and Equipment directly used:
- Harmonic WFS / Carbon Coder
- Telestream Vantage
- Signiant Managers & Agents and Media Shuttle delivery products
- Movies Database and Automation systems (proprietary)
- Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Video or equivalent experience of 2 yrs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer for extended periods.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- Up to 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Adult content environment
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job, employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
As part of LFP Broadcasting’s standard employment process, candidate’s employment is contingent on a clear background check. These background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and may include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
LFP Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law.