LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a Conforming Editor at our broadcasting headquarters in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate non-linear editing system (FCP).
- Operate DV Decks.
- Operate Waveform/Vectorscope and Broadcast Monitor equipment.
- Update internal movie database. Use the Movies! Database to determine workflow and priority.
- Edit master movies to conform to time, content and format standards.
- Ensure that all media meets video, audio and content standards.
- Fill-in for other Editors’ shifts as necessary.
- Establish priorities and meet defined deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, in a clear and concise manner.
- Follow procedures and suggest positive changes to procedures.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Take on added responsibility.
- Accountable, dependable & detail oriented
- Knowledge of video editing systems (FCP) and methods.
- Basic video editing experience preferred.
- Non-linear editing systems required.
- DV Decks, Broadcast test equipment (Waveform/Vectorscope)
- Windows and Macintosh operating systems required.
- Database systems preferred.
- DV, DV Cam and Mini DV Tapes
- Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope.
- Broadcast Video Monitor
- Movies! Database system.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Video production and/or video editing, Broadcast and/or Journalism.
- Degree or certification in television production and/or video editing preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 25 lbs. without restrictions.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer for extended periods.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Maintain stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
- 24-hour operation with a very fast paced environment.
- Adult content environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
As part of LFP Broadcasting’s standard employment process, candidate’s employment is contingent on a clear background check. These background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and may include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
LFP Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.