LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a Graphic Design Manager at their broadcasting headquarters in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
To be considered, all applicants must submit link to reel or portfolio in the body of the resume.
Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F Status: Exempt, FT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the creative style for the Broadcast group while managing a team of designers in their day-to-day activities including but not limited to; applying company policies, addressing employee HR needs, assist in hiring and corrective actions, channel schedule assignments, and division design decisions.
- Assist in the creation of design and animation of graphics for broadcast (motion graphics), web application and printed materials. Fluent ability with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D is essential. Must have strong design sense.
- Cross-departmental management of process development to the ever-changing landscape of client deliverables and designer assignments.
- Interpret, create, and execute graphic design and animations for broadcast, web and print.
- Deliver requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Select still images for monthly deliveries, domestic and international.
- Supply broadcast graphic needs as requested.
- Understand product branding.
- Update approved SOP’s and implement necessary changes to workflows.
- Managing, training/cross-training, coaching & team-building and support of designers.
- Process monthly images for myriad company deliverables. This includes image selection, touch-up, branding, titling and tracking using Photoshop and Movies database.
- Management of LFP image repository including but not limited to; interfacing with IT to help maintain image pool on company servers, ensuring repository is properly backed up, escalating when photo sets coming from studios are not adequate and requesting photo sets when they are not delivered.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of current trends in film, television, web and print promotion.
- Special projects as required by the VP of Programming.
- Qualifications include strong communication, time management and project organization. Creativity, team player, sense of humor and openness to collaboration are valuable in this fast-paced, team environment. Must submit link to reel or portfolio.
- Must have design experience, related to Broadcast, Web and/or print.
- Must be fluent in AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Cinema 4D. Working knowledge of various production codecs and formats.
- Ability to work with various creative personalities and support vendor inquiries as needed.
- Be able to accurately follow creative direction and work within established style guides and timelines as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Associates degree, in Art or Design related degree or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Agency or Broadcast design experience is a plus.
- Must have experience in managing or leading teams.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer for extended periods.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Up to 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job, employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
As part of LFP Broadcasting’s standard employment process, candidate’s employment is contingent on a clear background check. These background checks are conducted by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and may include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
LFP Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.