LFP Broadcasting, a worldwide VOD and PPV broadcasting network, is searching for a Closed Captioning Specialist at the corporate headquarters located in Boulder, CO.
If you're seeking a stable, challenging, rewarding career, chances are you'll find it here. We work hard to attract and retain the brightest in the business, and maintain a one-of-a-kind culture that empowers our people to be who they are and do their best.
HOURS: 8am-4:30pm, M-F
- Quality control of all closed captioning files delivered to our internal and external customers. Training and continued development of our contract employees and the development of the closed captioning process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- QC of all closed captioning files using Inqscribe, Subtitle Workshop and MacCaption software.
- Training and continued development of all contract employees.
- Development/maintenance of the Closed Captioning SOP.
- Act as a Closed Captioning liaison to both internal and external customers.
- Work closely with Content Operations and Media Services in order to successfully develop and refine the captioning creation, insertion and delivery processes for internal file archiving and external customer deliveries for both VOD and linear services.
- Delivery of content assigned to contract employees.
- Record creation and updating within the Movies database.
- Review/approval of invoices submitted by contract employees.
- Coordination of quarterly Closed Captioning and Clip Logging group meetings.
- Caption high priority/quick turn-around titles as needed.
- Assist the Production Systems Manager on special projects as needed.
- Assist the Content Ops, Conforming and Broadcast Operation departments in quality control of movies and clips when needed.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel & Outlook; ability to adapt to additional internal applications.
- A High School diploma or general education degree and/or relevant experience.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self-starter is a plus!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 25 lbs. without restrictions.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer for extended periods.
- Visual acuity (6-8 hours viewing computer).
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Adult content environment.
~Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job~
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
As part of LFP Broadcasting’s standard employment process, candidate’s employment is contingent on a clear background check. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and may include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
LFP Broadcasting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.