Larry Flynt has been a champion of breaking down boundaries and an advocate for freedom of sexuality, expression, and human rights since launching HUSTLER magazine in 1974 and winning a high-profile Supreme Court case in 1988 that defended free speech. In 1998, he launched the first HUSTLER Hollywood store, bringing that same spirit to a physical retail location. Since opening the flagship store on the Sunset Strip, HUSTLER Hollywood has expanded to 34 locations across the country, with plans to double this number by 2021.
Our goal at HUSTLER Hollywood is to erase the shame – we believe that there shouldn’t be any discomfort or embarrassment when openly discussing sexuality, an affinity for a particular unconventional sex act, or when visiting a boutique that sells sex toys. HUSTLER Hollywood is a space intended to promote sexual freedom and positivity. We have a vision for a world in which people feel liberated to engage in dialog about their sexual preferences and are able to access tools that can help them fulfill their fantasies. We aim to provide products, information, events, and education that supports this endeavor and empowers people of all bodies, sexualities, ages, and kinks to realize their desires.
We are seeking talented, passionate individuals who share our belief that all people have the right to receive education, knowledge, and resources that enable them to embrace their sexuality and explore the full spectrum of pleasure. As an employee of HUSTLER Hollywood, your primary responsibility is to foster an atmosphere where individuals of all walks of life feel welcomed to come and speak freely about sexuality. If you’re a sex-positive, open-minded person dedicated to elevating customer experience and education, join our mission to erase the shame.
A Floor Supervisor is responsible for supporting the store leadership team in the absence of a manager on the sales floor. The person in this role is expected to be a constant presence on the sales floor, with their primary duties consisting of supervising store staff, ensuring the highest level of customer engagement and selling. He or she should be setting the pace and energy on the sales floor at all times. The Floor Supervisor represents the brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. The Floor Supervisor has a direct reporting relationship to the Store Manager.
As a brand ambassador he or she will utilize his or her passion for HUSTLER combined with exceptional knowledge of the brand, strong sales strategies and high service level to help elevate the HUSTLER Hollywood customer experience through establishing, managing, and developing exceptional customer relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Store Management with generating sales potential
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer/associate awareness at all times
- Provide relevant and timely feedback, coaching, and redirection in the core areas of customer engagement, selling, and sales floor etiquette
- Escalate performance concerns to upper management
- Maintain store appearance to reflect company standards
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously and respectfully
- Participate in the training and developing Sales Associates while on the sales floor
- Partner with associates in order to achieve sales goals and KPIs
- Offer outstanding customer service
- Assist in keeping the store clean and organized
- Assist with store security, including checking bags and monitoring fitting rooms
- Perform all point of sale tasks, including counting cash and customer purchases. In absence of store management, responsible for processing post-void transactions, authorizing promotional discounts and employee sales
- Provide direction to associates on the sales floor, manage rest and meal break schedules and ensure that all zones are covered
- Completion of the Floor Supervisor three month training program
- Open and close the store after successful completion of the three month training program (some exceptions for emergencies or like situations)
- Drive sales by providing customers with product knowledge
- Additional duties as required.
- 1-2 years pervious retail experience; sales leadership role preferred
- Excellent customer engagement
- Demonstrates adaptability
- Serves as a role model
- Embraces self-development
- Established time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Must be available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Ability to utilize retail POS System & Inventory Scanner
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- A High School Diploma required or General Education Degree (GED); Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Requires ability to rapidly and constantly lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to perform a continuous process of loading and unloading large boxes throughout a scheduled shift
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, re-stocking inventory, processing shipment and store merchandising
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to use and climb ladders
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions (i.e. hanging, folding, ringing up customers, etc.)
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Adult content environment
- Must be at least 18 years old